This Work Permit allows foreign nationals to continue working while they wait for a decision on their permanent residence application. The Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP).
Eligibility includes various factors. You must meet conditions like:
- live in Canada (Quebec not included)
- have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
- be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
- have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
- have your acknowledgement of receipt correspondence from IRCC.
Other categories that may qualify under this program include:
- Permanent residence using Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Home Child-Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot
- Caring for children class or caring for people with high medical needs class
- Agri-Food Pilot workers